Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Veteran's Program

Tonight was Megan's veteran's program. They sang songs pertaining to America and freedom. It was a very short program, maybe 15 minutes. Here are the pictures!




Last night, I was awake-ish around 4:15, and was thinking/praying, when it occurred to me-I talked to God about my day, but I never asked Him about His. Now, realistically, God is not going to tell me what went on in His day. I wouldn't be able to comprehend it. But, supposing, He was going to tell me about His day, this is what I imagined He would say. (This is only my imaginings. Nothing else)...

Today I painted a glorious sunrise for those who would stop and notice it. I orchestrated the weather so it would fit in with the seasons I had already designed. I listened to millions of people crying out to me for help, and continued to move various pieces of the huge puzzle of life into place to make things good for my people. I tweaked the colors of the leaves a little bit, turning the green a little orange-er, the red a little yellow-er. I made sure the sun provided the necessary warmth for my people. I listened to millions thank me for their provisions, and basked in their praise. I wrapped my comfort around millions who are mourning, placed laughter in the hearts of the happy, and breathed contentment to the grateful. My prayer phone went off constantly, and I answered EVERY call. Not one was dropped. Oh, and for those who were too busy to notice the sunrise I painted, I gave them a second glimpse with a gorgeous sunset. And then, I made sure earth's night light was working well, and gave the stars a little extra twinkle. I listened to millions and millions of bedtime prayers, and I gave slumber to those who asked. But more than that, I awakened a desire in countless people to know me better, to draw closer to me.

Can you imagine what all God really does in a day? We really can't grasp it. Everywhere I look, I see God's handiwork-in lives, in things around me. It brought to mind the song the kids sing:

You're a great big God, a very busy God, but you take time for me.
You're a great big God, a very busy God, but you take time for me.
You're always there. You really care. You're a great big wonderful God.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for the glimpse into your heart and how you see God's hand at work.

Linnie Sue said...

Thank you. I needed that reminder of God's love.