This week, I decided Grandma Y would be our focus. I really feel for Grandma right now. She isn’t able to get out due to her legs bothering her. I try to go visit once a week (which doesn’t always happen). She is usually cheery and glad for company. Even though she is hurting, she never complains. That’s just who she is.
I don’t really feel like we did justice to our project this week. I felt like it was lame. I made stew one day for supper for us, and of course there is plenty extra (my kids do NOT like stew), so I took some to her. I have taken her some before and she said she really liked stew, so it seemed fitting to take her some of our dinner. I also made Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes and took her some as well.
I guess the reason I felt it was lame is it was something I would’ve done on any given week. I wanted to do something else, so I picked up a card for the church friends to sign for her. I hope it blesses her, because she really loves to be at church when she can.
2 comments:
Grandma is blessed by all of the little things, so I'm sure she really enjoyed it. And I'm sure she really enjoys your visits.
I don't think it's lame at all. Sure, you would have done it any other week, but there was a difference in your intention about it this time. The way you did it was a little different and I'm sure she felt the love and blessings.
Post a Comment