See that hole waaaay up there? Odd place to put a hole in the wall, huh.
We’re in the process of turning our clutter-collecting coat closet (say that 3 times fast!) that we never used into a much needed pantry.
Here’s what the coat closet looks like at this point-well the top of it anyway.
See how high that ceiling is?
It’s a 10 foot ceiling.
In a coat closet.
Wasted space.
So my dear hubby had a genius of an idea to put an 8 foot ceiling (although I think it’s going to end up being a 7 ft. ceiling) in for the pantry, and cut a door in the hallway for storage access to the other 2 feet. Except neither of us really wanted that “eyesore” in the hallway.
*flash*
Light-bulb moment!
Cut the opening in the laundry room, and paint the access door the same color as the wall, making it virtually un-noticeable!!
I can’t wait to have the added storage so I can store my Christmas stuff that can’t go in the attic there!
As for the coats that were hanging in the closet…the ones that haven’t been worn in the 5 years we’ve been here go to Goodwill, the others that aren’t already hanging on the coat rack (just inside the house from the garage door) are going to the individual closets.
2 comments:
I didn't even realize that closet was there! Good idea!
Fabulous idea. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!
Post a Comment